- Tax Year 2013 and Prior Reporting
- Unlimited Trades, Multiple Accounts
- 8949 or Schedule D-1 Tax Reports
Trade Journal and Tax Reports... Serious traders keep their own trade journal. By using TAPro you can keep your trades organized and when tax season arrives, print a .pdf tax reports or generate a .txf file that imports into tax software like: TurboTax(tm) and TaxCut(tm). Use TAPro to reconcile data and calculate wash sales.
Import Transaction History...
Start your evaluation by downloading a free trial, allowing you to maintain data privacy in a trade journal that you control. TAPro includes an import filter for loading transaction data. If you have questions call us or send email. We will help with data import and provide suggestions.
Trusted by Accountants for 10+ years... For 10+ years, the IRS has accepted TAPro reports. If you are a trader or a tax advisor and need to generate tax reports, you are in the right place. Download the free version of TAPro, import your data and run a report.
Calculate Wash Sales and Cost Basis...
We offer a regulatory cost-basis solution providing the functionality necessary for compliance with EESA cost basis regulations.
Wash Sales Within vs. Between Accounts... Did you know that brokerages calculate wash sales within your account and you must calculate wash sales within and between your accounts. This means you will need transaction history for all of your accounts and a tool to finish the calculations. TradeAccountant enables you to select wash sales calculation on or off between accounts or within an account so you can generate an accurate 8949 tax report.Toolbox (Reconciliation and Reports)...
TAPro is a custom designed accounting companion, with reconciliation tools designed to provide insight into complex transaction history. You now have a tool at your fingertips that enables you to import transactions, reconcile a 1099, review wash sales calculations and generate ..PDF tax reports. Print reports with Original Trade dates or Adjusted Trade date to help explain the effect of cost basis date adjustments.
For Reconciliation help, visit: FAQ and Answers.
Trusted by brokerages. Clearing firm certified.
Designed for Traders
TradeAccountant Pro (TAPro) is a desktop solution, designed for active traders, tax professionals and account managers who appreciate the value of special purpose reconciliation, account management and reporting solutions. TAPro includes enhanced reconciliation features, filters and utilities to assist with creation of quality reports from volumes of data.
1. Install TAPro, follow the setup instructions (see the FAQ).
2. If your brokerage supports sync then select the sync button. You can also download a file from your brokerage and use the built in File/Import wizard. Also visit Import Solutions for tips.
3. Select Tax Reports or Performance (Charts) to instantly see your results. Select View/Properties to switch Wash Sales on or off.
TAPro is able to import .QIF, .QFX (Quicken Data) .OFX (Money Data), .CSV (Excel), .TXT (Notepad) and Sync import from a list of brokerages. See the trial version for additional brokerage names. You can also manually enter and edit trades. If you need help with import, send a sample file to our support site (Support Site - Click Here), we will help you.
For 10 years active traders and leading tax professionals have placed trust in TAPro to simplify managing multiple accounts, manage options exercise/assign/expire, apply splits, reconcile trades and correctly generate gain/loss reports or a .TXF file for Tax Software. Some have used TAPro to find Form 1099 data errors worth $1,000s. Some Form 1099 and Schedule D errors are as large as $200K. This is part of our founder's story and a reason TAPro was created.
Reconcile and report better results.
You can import data for multiple years and multiple brokerages, then set a data range with a mouse click to report one tax year. Enter trades in any order and TAPro will instantly create tax lots (using FIFO) if the opening trades are before the closing trades.
You can use the Groups/Display View = Change Groups to create manual grouping at any time with mouse clicks. Or change Long trades into Short trades to fix data issues from the Transactions/Display View = Positions - Reconciliation using right mouse while focused on the trade.
You can edit a trade with a double click and modify the Cost Basis. TAPro includes a reconciliation wizard and tools for Short Sale, Options (close hundreds at a time), Market to Market, Corporate Actions and more.
You can also export a transactions file, a symbol file or a corporate actions file, edit, then import corrections.
Generate accurate tax reports.
Sampling of Features:
- Automatic file import for select brokerages
- Sync import for participating brokerages
- Flexible standard imports .CSV, .OFX, .XML
- More imports Show Brokerage Imports
- Fast trade fixes "Right Mouse, Click"
- Symbol correction - edit or import
- Penny trades (5,000,000 sh @ $0.0001)
- Equity options expiration wizard
- Index options expiration wizard
- Exclusive web reports portal
- Corporate Actions view
- Open Positions view
A complete solution ...
- Includes unlimited trades
- Includes multiple accounts
- Includes performance reports
- Includes Marked to Market wizard
- Wash Sale between accounts (on/off)
- Wash Sale within any account (on/off)
- Wash Sale between Long and Short (on/off)
- Detailed Wash Sales and Summary reports
- Includes Free software upgrades and updates
- Import/Export symbol table
- Import/Export trades by account
- Edit symbol names in one central place
- Import standard .OFX, .QFX, .QIF and .CSV files
- Software digitally signed by Sync Essentials, Inc.
- Publisher's signature verified by GoDaddy.
- OFX import certified by Penson Financial Services.
TradeAccountant Pro (TAPro) is the first desktop solution with controls that enable you to select wash sales scenarios and wash sales on or off within and between accounts.
A 1099 wake up call... Our founder created TAPro after a leading brokerage (HQ: SF) generated and submitted an error filled 1099 to the IRS. They could not provide the transaction data found in the 1099. Our founder copied HTML screen shots from a transaction web report, fixed the errors and presented results to the IRS Revenue Officer in San Jose, CA., saving over $600,000. We are offings TAPro to you so you can reconcile your data and avoid costly errors.Sample 8949
Sample Schedule D-1