View 8949 or Schedule D-1
Print 8949 or Schedule D-1 PDFs
Export and fill 8949 or Schedule D-1
Unlimited Trades in Multiple Accounts
For Tax Year 2013 and Prior.
Cost Basis... Using standing rules, your brokerage automatically matches trades, calculates wash sales and generates a 1099 report for all of the accounts they manage. This means there are limited resources to check calculations for each account holder. One calculation error can cost you thousands of dollars plus delay your tax filing! Using TAPro, errors are uncovered leading to accuracy in reporting. TAPro calculates wash sales and generates reports using your original trade data.
Wash Sale calculation review... After 10 years, the IRS has always accepted TAPro reports. If you need reconciliation tools and an accurate report that has always been accepted, you are in the right place. To check wash sale calculations, download the free version of TAPro, import your data and run a report - done.
8949 Report... TAPro can generate a .txf file that imports into tax software to populate the 8949 form. Use TAPro to reconcile your data, then select File/Export To Tax Software. Next, select a "(.txf)" file type. This standard version .txf file includes coding used by tax software to automatically fill the 8949 form and has been used with: TurboTax(tm) and TaxCut(tm).
Used by traders and tax advisers, trusted by brokerages; clearing firm certified.
A 1099 wake up call... Our founder created TAPro after a leading brokerage incorrectly documented trades and submitted an incorrect 1099 to the IRS. This brokerage has over 4 million accounts and could not easily provide the data found in the 1099 or a tool to reconcile trading history. Our founder created TAPro to find and fix the errors.
Option Symbology changes caused data errors... For options traders, 2010 reporting was more painful because all brokerages were required to change options symbology. This introduced new errors in reporting. One options reporting error can cost you thousands of dollars! Using TAPro, errors are uncovered leading to accuracy in reporting.
Free Trial KeyGet a Trial Key. This is required to activate the software.
1. Install TAPro, follow the setup instructions for your brokerage (see below or within TAPro).
2. If your brokerage supports sync then select the sync button. You can also download a file from your brokerage and use the built in File/Import wizard. Also visit Import Solutions for tips.
3. Select Tax Reports or Performance (Charts) to instantly see your results. Select View/Properties to switch Wash Sales on or off.
Most data requires some reconciliation. For example, make sure to enter open trades from a prior year. Visit FAQ and Answers for solutions to typical data puzzles. TAPro has more tools and filters than any similar product.
TAPro Account Setup
|.CSV Import Tips||.OFX/.QFX/.QIF||Generic Import|
TAPro is able to import .QIF, .QFX (Quicken Data) .OFX (Money Data), .CSV (Excel), .TXT (Notepad) and Sync import from a list of brokerages. See the trial version for additional brokerage names. You can also manually enter and edit trades. If you need help with import, send a sample file to our support site (Support Site - Click Here), we will help you.
For 10 years active traders and leading tax professionals have placed trust in TAPro to simplify managing multiple accounts, manage options exercise/assign/expire, apply splits, reconcile trades and correctly generate gain/loss reports or a .TXF file for Tax Software. Some have used TAPro to find Form 1099 data errors worth $1,000s. Some Form 1099 and Schedule D errors are as large as $200K. This is part of our founder's story and a reason TAPro was created.
Reconcile and report better results.
You can import data for multiple years and multiple brokerages, then set a data range with a mouse click to report one tax year. Enter trades in any order and TAPro will instantly create tax lots (using FIFO) if the opening trades are before the closing trades.
You can use the Groups/Display View = Change Groups to create manual grouping at any time with mouse clicks. Or change Long trades into Short trades to fix data issues from the Transactions/Display View = Positions - Reconciliation using right mouse while focused on the trade.
You can edit a trade with a double click and modify the Cost Basis. TAPro includes a reconciliation wizard and tools for Short Sale, Options (close hundreds at a time), Market to Market, Corporate Actions and more.
You can also export a transactions file, a symbol file or a corporate actions file, edit, then import corrections.
Generate accurate tax reports in a few minutes.
Create and Aggregate Tax ReportsDownload the latest TAPro - No credit card required.
- Automatic file import for select brokerages
- Sync import for participating brokerages
- Flexible standard imports .CSV, .OFX, .XML
- More imports Show Brokerage Imports
- Fast trade fixes "Right Mouse, Click"
- Symbol correction - edit or import
- Penny trades (5,000,000 sh @ $0.0001)
- Equity options expiration wizard
- Index options expiration wizard
- Exclusive web reports portal
- Corporate Actions view
- Open Positions view
A complete solution ...
- Includes unlimited trades
- Includes multiple accounts
- Includes performance reports
- Includes Marked to Market wizard
- Wash Sale between accounts (on/off)
- Wash Sale within any account (on/off)
- Wash Sale between Long and Short (on/off)
- Detailed Wash Sales and Summary reports
- Includes Free software upgrades and updates
Professional grade software ...
- Import/Export symbol table
- Import/Export trades by account
- Edit symbol names in one central place
- Import standard .OFX, .QFX, .QIF and .CSV files
- Software digitally signed by Sync Essentials, Inc.
- Publisher's signature verified by GoDaddy.
- OFX import certified by Penson Financial Services.
TradeAccountant Pro (TAPro) is a desktop solution, designed for active traders, tax professionals and account managers who appreciate the value of special purpose reconciliation, account management and reporting solutions. TAPro includes enhanced reconciliation features, filters and utilities to assist with creation of quality reports from volumes of data.
TradeAccountant is an annual sales model with transaction aggregation for one year from date of purchase and tax reports ending on 8/31 of the next tax year. You can use TAPro today and finish prior year taxes, plus start tracking your trades and performance daily.