Our Tax Year 2015 Promise
"You can finish your tax reports with TAPro or we will refund your money."
We are a Jersey City, NJ software company founded by Henry Gage, Jr. For over 10 years, traders have used TAPro to track, report and improve their trading results. Tax Advisors use TAPro to reconcile 1099s and prepare client tax reports.
- Fill IRS 8949, 4797, 6781 and Sch D-1
- Reconcile your 1099
- Export to Tax SW
Buy with confidence, knowing we have alway upheld our promise!
Support...We work with you to resolve data import issues. To save time, send us the file. We will resolve the issues and share custom solution steps, when required. If you want to save more time, we can do all of the work (price based on agreement).
Tax Reports... Install the free trial and try it yourself. If you need an overview, send us an email to schedule time. Our founder is a cost basis expert for brokerages. He has experience with every major cost basis reporting solution and has spent a career parsing data.
Wash Sales Within and/or Between Accounts... Brokerages calculate wash sales within your account. The IRS states that you must calculate wash sales within and between your accounts. This means 1099s are an estimate and you need to complete IRS forms with final results. TAPro calculate wash sales within and between accounts so you can generate accurate tax reports.
Calculate Wash Sales and Cost Basis...
We offer a regulatory cost-basis solution providing the functionality necessary for compliance with EESA cost basis regulations.
Trade Journal and Tax Reports... Serious traders keep a trade journal. TAPro keeps you informed and your trades organized and ready for tax reporting. TAPro reconciles your 1099 and calculates wash sales, then prints reports or generate a .txf file that imports into tax software like: TurboTax(tm) and TaxCut(tm).
Import Transaction History...
TAPro includes import filters for loading transactions and symbols. If you have questions, visit Data Import for tips.
Trusted by Accountants for 12+ years... The IRS has accepted TAPro reports 100% of the time. If you are a trader or a tax advisor, you can now save time and fill tax reports with TAPro.
Toolbox (Reconciliation and Reports)...
TAPro includes insightful reconciliation tools, views and reports. For example, TAPro enables you to view reports with Original Trade Dates or Adjusted Trade Dates. This is important because transactions use Original Trade Dates whereas 1099s use Adjusted Trade Dates.
For Reconciliation help, visit: FAQ and Answers.
Trusted by brokerages. Clearing firm certified.
1. Install TAPro (see above right).
3. Reconcile your data so every closing trade has a prior opening trade. Visit Reconcile for tips.
4. Select Tax Reports to review results on screen. Select "Display Mode" to select a tax report or to view the "Wash Sales Event Summary Report". Also see View/Properties Tax Reports to change a report.
5. Select Export to send data to a .txf file or to Tax Software. TAPro maintains multiple years of data.
Select the year you want to report by adjusting the From and To dates.
Select View/Properties to switch Wash Sales on or off.
Reconcile and report better results.
You can import data for multiple years and multiple brokerages, then set a data range with a mouse click to report one tax year. Enter trades in any order and TAPro will instantly create tax lots (using FIFO) if the opening trades are before the closing trades.
You can use the Groups/Display View = Change Groups to create manual grouping at any time with mouse clicks. Or change Long trades into Short trades to fix data issues from the Transactions/Display View = Positions - Reconciliation using right mouse while focused on the trade.
You can edit a trade with a double click and modify the Cost Basis. TAPro includes a reconciliation wizard and tools for Short Sale, Options (close hundreds at a time), Market to Market, Corporate Actions and more.
You can also export a transactions file, a symbol file or a corporate actions file, edit, then import corrections.
Generate accurate tax reports.
Sampling of Features:
- Automatic file import for select brokerages
- Sync import for participating brokerages
- Flexible standard imports .CSV, .OFX, .XML
- More imports Show Brokerage Imports
- Fast trade fixes "Right Mouse, Click"
- Symbol correction - edit or import
- Penny trades (5,000,000 sh @ $0.0001)
- Equity options expiration wizard
- Index options expiration wizard
- Exclusive web reports portal
- Corporate Actions view
- Open Positions view
A complete solution ...
- Includes unlimited trades
- Includes multiple accounts
- Includes performance reports
- Includes Marked to Market wizard
- Wash Sale between accounts (on/off)
- Wash Sale within any account (on/off)
- Wash Sale between Long and Short (on/off)
- Detailed Wash Sales and Summary reports
- Includes Free software upgrades and updates
- Import/Export symbol table
- Import/Export trades by account
- Edit symbol names in one central place
- Import standard .OFX, .QFX, .QIF and .CSV files
- Software digitally signed by Sync Essentials, Inc.
- Publisher's signature verified by GoDaddy.
- OFX import certified by Penson Financial Services.
TradeAccountant Pro (TAPro) is the first desktop solution with controls that enable you to select wash sales scenarios and wash sales on or off within and between accounts.